Follow the science: Selected articles by Dr. Steven Fry
What is some of the current research on the spread of COVID-19? And what does it tell us about how using a superior face mask impedes that transmission? Dr. Fry regularly publishes findings and observations on aerosol transmission of the virus on his longtime blog, Yucalandia.com. See most current articles, below:
- INM no longer approving Visitante Visa extensions for USA & Canada citizens
- Chaac … Chaacob .. Maalobi ! … Let it Rain !
- Flying During the COVID Crisis … Practical Ways to Minimize Risks
- COVID-19 … The Hidden Risks … aka: Why We need Superb Medical-Grade Masks.
- Latest COVID-19 Updates … with Practical Solutions to Get our Lives Back on Track
- Don’t Mark Your Calendars … Don’t Look to the Heavens …. You ~Won’t~ see a Truly Occult Event …
- COVID-19 Risk Updates … and Solutions for Getting Back to Work
Recent studies pertaining to COVID-19 aerosol transmission (referenced by Dr. Steven Fry)
The Science behind the Coronavirus Spread-by-Talking Problem:
“Among patients infected with SARS-CoV-2, viral loads in the upper respiratory tract are high; as a consequence, respiratory secretion in the form of aerosols (<5 μm) or droplets (>5 μm) is likely, the authors note. ”
It also means that sick people (with or without symptoms … infected people talking …. sneezing & coughing can very-effectively KEEP THE REST OF US much safer, by them wearing a cheap surgical mask that are superb at catching their sneezes & coughs.
Their sneezes may produce as many as 40 000 droplets between 0.5–12 μm in diameter (Cole & Cook, 1998; Tang et al., 2006) that may be expelled at speeds up to 223 mph… (100 m/s )… which is what drives the sneezed droplets into masks …
Then notice.. ” coughing may produce up to 3000 droplet nuclei, about the same number as talking for five minutes.”
Cole & Cook, 1998; Fitzgerald & Haas, 2005; Tang et al., 2006 and https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK143281/
~ ~ ~ ~
That means the real risks are now know to be from infected asymptomatic TALKERS … infected talkers with COVID-19 symptoms …. sneezers & coughers with fevers.
More studies & articles on transmission through human speech
~ ~ ~ ~
From the CDC
CDC 1. Airborne Contaminant Removal
Table B.1. Air changes/hour (ACH) and time required for airborne-contaminant removal by efficiency *
June 10: Face mask use needed to ‘prevent second wave’ (Science News)
Study in Science magazine says masks and testing are necessary to combat asymptomatic spread in aerosols and droplets